Audit & Accounts Assistant
£15,000 – £29,000 dependent on experience
Buckle Barton Limited is one of Yorkshire’s leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants specialising in the provision of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services to private clients, entrepreneurs, SMEs and owner managed businesses throughout the UK & Europe across a vast range of industries.
Employing over 30 highly experienced team members from diverse backgrounds and with an exciting history since it was established in 1937, the Leeds office is a positive place to work and continues to enjoy success year on year. We are looking to hire an Audit & Accounts Assistant with at least six months’ quality experience to strengthen our existing audit & accounts team.
The role will be a key member of the audit & accounts department and will work closely with management and other team members in various capacities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking statutory audit assignments as part of a wider audit team.
- Preparing year end statutory accounts under FRS105 and FRS102 and drafting corporation tax computations.
- Involvement with occasional adhoc work such as business valuations, tax planning, and due diligence assignments.
- Assisting clients as required with advice, bookkeeping, VAT returns and cloud-based software packages such as Xero and Quickbooks.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Ideally part-qualified ACA, ACCA, or AAT.
- At least six months’ relevant experience in practice.
- Audit experience is not essential but experience in accounts preparation is a must.
- Familiar with common accounting packages such as Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
- Ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
What’s on offer
- £15,000– £29,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Full study support package
- Health benefits plan
- Remote working opportunities
- Friendly, social and supportive culture, including partnerships with different charities each year
- Comprehensive induction and mentoring programme
- Scope for career progression as we promote from within
- Free parking on site and close to Horsforth train station